Forgive the lack of posts. It’s summer vacation for my all of my lovely ladies and our days have been filled with swimming, biking, reading, many play dates and just having fun. Since autumn is just around the corner I decided to start finding a little time to dust off my hooks. Last week I made a couple of pumpkin hats (one for my littlest, but ever growing punkin, and one for a good friend’s new baby).
Next up on my infinite project wish list list are shrugs for my ladies to match their back-to-school dresses. I made a set for my twin daughters years ago and forgot all about this pattern until I recently ran across this modified version on Ravelry. I still love the original (found here) too.
I am new at sharing patterns, if you catch a mistake please let me know.
Shrug/Cardigan (in orange, as modified by me)
- hook size: I hook (aka 5.5mm or #9)
- yarn used: Caron Simply Soft, dk country blue and Vanna’s Choice, terracotta
- yarn needle
- a favorite button
- stitch markers (optional)
- finished size: children’s 7/8
- abbreviations & stitches used: ch= chain, dc= double crochet, sl st = slip stitch, hdc= half double crochet, RS= right side, dc3tog= double crochet two together
For the blue cardi shown, I followed the modifications listed on the Ravelry pattern found here.
For the orange cardi shown, I used the similar modifications as the blue shrug but did a row of daisies/star stitch in lieu of the ribbon row. A great tutorial on the star stitch can be found here. YouTube Full Star Stitch p1 | YouTube Full Star Stitch p2
row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc across, turn.